BI Senior Consultant & Director
I have been worked in the IT/BI area for more than 20 years. Highly skilled Business Data Integrator and Analyst with strong experience assisting executives in the finance, retail, and technology sectors by providing EDW architecture designing, data analysis, data modeling, and BI reporting. Background includes the use of a variety of data integrating and analytics including SQL, ETL Tools, BI Tools, EDW, PowerShell, Python, C#, VBA, and MS Office Suite among others. Experienced in people & project management as a team leader with additional skills as a technical trainer. especially has stronger experience in building and development MicroStrategy BI platform. I’m officially the first person to complete all twelve MicroStrategy certifications around the world.
Big 5 Sporting Goods, USA, October 2018 – Present
- Built MicroStrategy Four-tier architecture BI platform to replace the expired system. Developed and trained users using MSTR Dossiers, Documents, Reports, Real-time flash sales, Cubes and Subscriptions on desktop’s Web, Client and Mobile device. Implemented MSTR Office, Library, Collaboration, Mobile and Distribution components/ Services across Corp area.
- Created MicroStrategy Analytics architecture. Including Product, Location/Channel, Calendar/Time, Sales, Inventory, PO, Stock, Promotions and HR subjects’ schema. Created and linked variety Attributes, Metrics, Predictive Metrics, Filter, Prompt and Transformations by MSTR Developer.
- Managed and maintained Big 5 BI Platform. Built system security control logic. created users and assigned users’ privileges, also set users’ report and data accessible via Developer, Workstation, PA, Commend Manager, Security filter and PowerShell script. Configured MicroStrategy system properties, monitored and tuned BI system performance.
- Created BI application and Data warehouse model on IBM PureData system/Netezza. Implemented star-schema, snow-flow schema on app-model. Also applied data partition and mid-layer technical on data warehouse model.
- Built ETL process to load data into data warehouse from DB2, Oracle, Text, Cloud and Google source via METL and Automate ETL tools. Implemented the real-time data loading technology to made head-quarter manager have stores real-time sales report on anytime and anywhere.
- Built Big 5 BI team. Created enterprise intelligence team including analysts from users and architects from IT. Trained user creating BI reports and prompted new applications across the Corp area. Guiding team members to take MSTR certification program.
- Acting variety roles on BI area in Big 5. Such as System/ Platform Administrator, Database/ Mobile/ Application/ Analytics Architect and Developer, Analyst, Data Scientist roles. Also acting EDW’s DBA, Data modeler, ETL and management roles. At the same time work to manger and train team members.
A.R.T Furniture Inc., USA, Feb 2017 – December 2018
IT Programmer, DBA, Helpdesk
- Created Store Procedures for Web-orders, EDI-orders batch and automatic import into company’s ERP system on Azure SQL server. Calculated SKU Safety-Stock by T-SQL base on history data. Also, as DBA role who maintained SQL DBs Backup, role permission setting and performant tuning.
- Created SSIS packages for integrating SQL data. Created job for data exchanging with EDI Inventory feed, ASN, eComm inventory report and maintenance SQL DB automatic, performed sending message, instant business report automatic by SQL dbmail, FTP and Web-service, also used Python, PowerShell script and SciTE-Lite script to complete the task.
- Created Excel VBA programs for data query and collecting. Helped co-worker convert data into unified format report such as Packing list, Invoice list and so on. Deal with creating new SKUs, POs and deliver POs in program.
- Built internal web-site for sharing public information and created web-business reports with SQL, C#, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI and Tableau
- Communicated with company HQ. Transferred and updated new IT technologic, project status and IT system running status.
- As helpdesk role, maintaining company IT system and co-worker computer ensure its run well and safely. Include installing, setting and troubleshooting OS, server, Anti-Virus software, System security policy, Office software, Printer, Telephone, SW/HW tools and network.
- Recreated company IT architecture. Migrated server into Cloud service (Azure, AWS, Effortless), included SQL Database, Email, Home and business web-site and backup server. Built VMWare vSphere platform for local servers. Built new domain controller and deployed security policy, WSUS and files-share controller.
Huang Xi Books Inc., USA, Jan 2016 – Dec 2016
IT Consultant (Part-Time)
- Built a Website on AWS (www.cucelite.com), With HTML5, Asp.net, Java, Perl Script, Mysql.
- Wrote an Auto-Collect and Generate Invoice program, With Excel VBA.
- Coded a Statistical Analysis tiny-program, With Python
- Created a Game APP(IOS) with Xcode8 and Objective-C.
Teradata of China, May 2003 – Dec 2015
BI Technical Consultant/ Data Analyst / Manager
- Implemented data loading and transforming with Teradata tools. Built the ETL jobs with Perl language, Teradata SQL and ETL Tools.
- Edited SQL statement for inquiring data and analyzing the business requirements (Ad-hoc). Tuned complex SQL and ETL jobs to improve system performance.
- Created ETL job with Perl embedded SQL to analysis history data and control data quality.
- Developed Key Analysis Requirement with BI Tools: Tableau; Cognos, SSAS/ RS.
- Designed data model base on TD-FSLDM to store history data with ERwin.
- Designed OLAP data model to support application development base on Cognos and BO BI tools for CUBE and Reporting.
- Participated in Teradata DBA work for Data access right control, Space management, Data Backup and Restore.
- Built the SQL Coding standard document and used it in various projects.
- Trained team members on how to create good performance SQL in Teradata DB.
- Presented customer with report project status and development result.
- Led team members in completed Shanghai Stock Exchange dual EDW system projects.
- Led team members in completed China Industry Bank Data Standard consulting project.
Fu-Liang Hi-Technology China, 1995 – 1998; Shine Technology Fujian China, 1998 – 2003
Senior Software Develop Engineer (7 years)
- Created SQL code, store procedures and responsible for MS SQL server deployment, data management and maintenance.
- Designed data model for MS SQL Server data storage with Power Designer
- Developed and deployed Securities Broker software products, e.g.: Securities Integrated Management Platform, Securities Management System (supports for automatic operations of data collecting, settlement, clearing, monitoring, report producing, and statistical analysis). IT Technology used: MS SQL Server, Visual Basic.
- Completed three projects of paper manufacture on automation field to control the temperature of the boiler and ensure producing high-quality paper by using PC controller (PLC A/D), coding with Visual Basic, BC, MS SQL Server, Excel VBA and Socket Protocol(TCP/IP). The implementation of these projects enhanced the working conditions of workers and improved paper quality.
- IT Programmer, DBA, Helpdesk, ART Furniture Inc. USA, Feb 2017-
- IT Consultant (Part-Time), Huang Xi Books Inc., USA, Jan 2016 – Dec 2016
- Technical Consultant /Manager, Teradata of China, May 2003 -Dec 2015
Teradata is an American Company. Teradata is a leading provider for enterprise end to end solutions and services in Data Warehousing, Big Data and Analytics, Driven Marketing that enable company to become a data-driven business, positioned to increase revenue, improve efficiency, and create the most compelling experience for your customers.
Awarded “Consulting Excellence” of profession service on 2008
- Executive Assistant President, Shine Shanghai China, May 2010 – Aug 2011
- Senior Database Developer, Shine Technology Fujian China, 1998 – 2003
- Software Develop Engineer, Fu-Liang Hi-Technology China, 1995 – 1998
Big 5 Stores Traffic, Stores Item Transfer, Promotion Event, Goods Inventory/PO/Stock, ReSA Sales, Flash Sales; ART Data Automation, ART IT Architecture Upgrade, ART ARTISTE; Cucelite Website, Ting Hsin EDW–Retail, STO Data Mart–Express, Pousheng EDW – Retail, Yunda Data Mart–Express, CEA EDW–Airline, SMIC EDW–Manufacture, Feiliks EDW–Logistics, CIB Data Standard – Bank, CITIC Capital MS- Finance, Investor Bond MS –Finance, CSDC EDW- Finance, SSE Dual/DDS/HDS – Finance, Securities Company Stock &Capital MS – Finance…
|Operating Systems:||Unix, Linux, Windows, DOS|
|Languages:||SQL, Excel Macros(VBA), PowerShell, Python, Perl, Unix-shell, Java /asp/html, Erwin/Power Designer, Visual Basic, Visual C#, Objective-C|
|DBs/ Big-Data:||Teradata Data Warehouse, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, IBM DB2, Netezza/PureData; Hadoop, Hive,|
|ETL Tools:||Teradata DW Automation, Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS, METL, Talend Open Studio|
|BI Tools:||MicroStrategy, SSAS/RS, Tableau, Cognos, PowerBI|
|Other:||Eclipse, XCode8, Adobe Dreamweaver, Windows Server Domain, Exchanger Server, VMWare, FTP, Photoshop, Visio, AutoCAD, XML, JSON, MindManager, Axure, UltraEdit, Teamviewer, GotoMeeting/Assist, VNC, WinSCP, Putty, Webex, TCP/IP, VPN, Data Governance, Google API.AWS, Azure, Google Cloud|
- CHANGCHUN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE, Materials Science, BS, 1991 – 1995
- Teradata Certified Professional, Teradata, September 2004
- PMP, PMI Orange County Chapter License, August 2009
- Program and Analyze Data with Python, coursera.org/MICHIGAN, 2016
- MicroStrategy Certification: MCSA, MCMA, MCSAD, MCMAD
ANL, MCA, DVL, APA, SYA, SVA, ANA, PLA, SCI, DBA, MBA, ICD